Child Therapy focuses on developing a relationship which is aimed at building the emotional and social well-being of the child. At different stages of a child’s development, there are many potential challenges which the child will face. Sometimes these challenges can seem difficult to overcome, however, discussing concerns at an early stage can help prevent more complex difficulties developing.
As children grow, they are continuously developing social and emotional skills. Through each developmental phase, children tend to work through the challenges as a by-product of growing up. However, when your child is not behaving in a way that you feel is consistent with their age, or they have experienced a change or trigger that has brought about a difference in their behaviour, it may be beneficial to seek professional help.
Some triggers for behavioural change can include:
- Parental Divorce
- Moving to a new country
- Death of a loved one
- Being a victim of bullying (including cyber bullying )
- Birth of a new sibling
At MindnLife, we provide assessments, psychology, and child therapy programs, designed to strengthen and support optimal social and emotional development. Our psychologists work closely with parents to provide all-rounded support to the child. We strive to create an environment of trust where the child will feel safe to share.
We offer specialised support to adolescents. Please visit our Teen Therapy page for more information.
Areas where our highly experienced Psychologists can provide expert individualised care and support through Psychotherapy and Counselling:
- Addiction (Gambling, Food, Sex/Pornography, Alcohol, Drug and Internet)
- Adjustment to Hong Kong
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Addiction
- Anger Management
- Asperger’s Syndrome (ASD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD)
- Attachment challenges
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cancer Support
- Chronic Illness
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Management
- Cultural Adjustment
- Custody Evaluations
- Cyber safety and Cyber Bullying
- Depression (including Post Natal Partum Depression)
- Divorce and Separation Support
- Employment and Career Challenges
- Family Therapy
- Grief / Loss
- Gender Identity/Identity Issue
- Intimacy in relationships
- LGBTQ Issues/ LGBTQ Couples counselling
- Low Self Esteem
- Marriage Counselling
- Menopause Life Transition Support
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks and Disorder
- Parenting Challenges
- Relationship Issues
- Personality Disorders
- Pre and Post Marriage Counselling
- Post Natal/ Partum Depression
- Relationship Challenges
- Stress Management (Work, Family, Relationships)
- Separation and Divorce
- Sex therapy
- Sexual dissatisfaction in Relationship
- Sexual Trauma and Abuse
- Self harm
- Sleep Problems
- Social Anxiety
- Stress Management
- Substance Abuse/ Addiction
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Supervision for Trainees
- Trauma and Abuse
Book an Appointment
Contact Us for more information or to schedule a session with one of our qualified psychologists.
Please note, we are accepting clients, however, some of our psychologists have waiting lists. We'll do our best to accommmodate your needs.
PRACTICUM AND TRAINING
Please Note: MindnLife Practice does not currently have internship opportunity, and we do not see the need for the near future.
This website contains general information about well being.
This information is not advice, and should not be treated as such neither should it be treated as an alternative to seeking professional advice from a healthcare provider.